Course Information for CHEM151/152
Please take note of the following:
- Enrollment in chemistry courses is on a first-come, first-served basis using UAccess.
- Attendance on the first day of all chemistry labs is mandatory! If you cannot attend, you must contact the TSO before your first class meets to hold your spot. Due to high demand for seats in chemistry labs, you will be administratively dropped if you fail to show up to the first lab meeting without contacting the TSO by the start of class. This will allow those who need your seat to enroll. See the UA Policy on Administrative Drops.
- If you are dropped from the lab, you may go to UAccess to add an available seat.
- CHEM 151 & 152 are combined lecture/lab courses and you must attend both portions to receive credit. Delays in adding or changing your section could result in missed instruction; so it’s in your best interest to get registered during the first week of classes or sooner if possible!
- UAccess will be open to add a course through the first week of classes.
- If you encounter scheduling conflicts, or if you need to change your lab section after UAccess closes, you must go in person to the TSO for assistance. There is no guarantee that we can accommodate your request, but we will do our best to accommodate all students.
- Remember, enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Under no circumstances will we exceed the maximum of 24 students in CHEM 151 or CHEM 152 labs.
- If you need to speak to a Lab Supervisor regarding the TA assigned to your lab section, please contact the TSO to schedule an appointment.