- Analytical Biophysics Core Facility
- Chemical Synthesis Facility (CSF)
- Clean Room
- Chemistry Instrumentation and Electronics Facility (ChIEF)
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (EPR)
- Laboratory for Electron Spectroscopy & Surface Analysis (LESSA)
- Glass Shop
- Keck Imaging Center (KECK)
- Machine Shop
- Macromolecular Crystallography
- Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Photoelectron Spectroscopy (PES)
- X-ray Diffraction Facility
Instruments of the Analytical Biophysics Core Facility
Analytical Ultracentrifuge - Beckman XL-I
The Beckman XL-I is a dual detection analytical ultracentrifuge. The monochrometer can measure at wavelengths of 190 - 800 nm and scan with a 0.001 cm resolution.
The interference detection system allows measurement of nonadsorbing species like typical polymers as well as protein and DNA systems at concentrations higher than those accessible by off-peak spectroscopy.
As an average of several fringe positions, the interferrometer gives a strong signal with a very low noise. The camera based detection system allows for ultrafast scans (< 1sec).
CD Spectrometer - Olis
The Olis CD spectrometer has all the features of a modern CD spectrometer. The instrument has computer control for automated temperature sweeps allowing several melting temperatures to be determined in one day. The auto-titration attachment compliments binding as well as chemical denaturation studies. A standard set of cells (1, 2, 5 & 10 mm path lengths) are available for general use. Users will be trained in proper care and maintenance of the instrument and are welcome to borrow the standard cells for occasional use. Frequent users are strongly encouraged to take charge of their own cells.
Fluorimeter - PTI
The PTI fluorimeter is an L-format fluorimeter with adjustable slits, computer controlled polarizers, and monochrometers, temperature control. It is housed in Marvel 544.
DSC/TGA/TMA - TA instrument 29xx series
ATR-FTIR - Nicolet Avatar 360 with Harrick Si ATR
Gel/Blot scanners - Pharos FX Plus & ChemiDoc MP
HPLC, analytical, 96 wellplate autosampler - Hitachi