- Analytical Biophysics Core Facility
- Chemical Synthesis Facility (CSF)
- Clean Room
- Chemistry Instrumentation and Electronics Facility (ChIEF)
- Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (EPR)
- Laboratory for Electron Spectroscopy & Surface Analysis (LESSA)
- Glass Shop
- Keck Imaging Center (KECK)
- Machine Shop
- Macromolecular Crystallography
- Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Photoelectron Spectroscopy (PES)
- X-ray Diffraction Facility
LESSA, Keck, and Cleanroom Facility Policies
- You must be trained by facility personnel and authorized by the facility supervisor in order to independently operate the instruments! Contact the Facility supervisor to arrange training:
LESSA Ken Nebesny firstname.lastname@example.org
Keck Brooke Beam email@example.com
Cleanroom Paul Lee firstname.lastname@example.org
- LESSA users must take the radiation safety course, and optical microscope users in the Keck facility must take the laser safety course. A copy of the course completion certificate will be required to receive training on these instruments. If you have not yet done so, then you should download a copy of the RC-088 form from either of the following links:
The RC-088 form should be signed by the facility supervisor and will be needed to attend the class. Further information is available from the Radiation Control office at 626-6850 or on the web at:
Cleanroom users should have passed a chemical lab safety training course before engaging in any activities in the cleanroom. A copy of the course completion certificate is required. This training is available through Risk Management and Safety. The course is available on line at:
- Authorized facility users in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry have access to the facilities 24 hours a day. Authorized facility users outside of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry are allowed to use the facility Monday to Friday from 7am to 7pm.
- All calibration/maintenance of equipment is to be performed by facility personnel unless by direction or permission from the facility supervisor.
- No facility equipment is to be removed or modified without permission of the facility supervisor.
- Instrument time sign-up is online, and if cancelation is necessary, please give 24 hour notice. No post date cancelations! You will be billed for time that is reserved but not used.
- Modification of the facility schedule is by the discretion of the facility supervisor.
- All instrument time usage must be entered into the instrument specific log book (to the nearest half hour).
- All facility consumable materials used must be entered into the log book.
- We are not responsible for samples left in the facility after analysis and will not store samples.
- CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!